Thursday, July 13, 2006

It has been quite a day

I do not even know where to begin! First, mommy put me in the crib for my "afternoon nap" (ha, ha, ha, ha!!!!!). I do not like to take an afternoon nap and I usually protest so loudly in my crib that mommy comes to get me after a little while. I have her wrapped around my teeny tiny baby fingers. Today, as usual, mommy put me in my crib and I cried and whined. I also tried to climb out of the crib (or, I as I like to call it, "my jail cell") to free myself from this mommy-imposed bondage. As I was doing so, my leg got caught in-between the bars and then my knee got caught, too. If you have not seen me lately, my legs and knees are perfectly round and fat. The more I struggled, the more my knee got stuck! I started to scream and shout. Mommy did not hear me right away and I screamed and shouted some more. After a few minutes, she heard me and came into my room to rescue me. Mommy had to push really hard to get my knee out of the crib rails. We thought it was broken. (I am a little dramatic and probably screamed a little more than I needed to when she pushed my knee out of the crib rails). Luckily, after I calmed down, we looked at my knee and it was a little red but I could move, walk, and crawl just fine. No broken bones here! Mommy also called the doctor, who said not to worry unless I refused to walk or crawl. I think we are A-Okay.

Speaking of crawling, first I learned to walk and then I learned to crawl. I am a little odd in that way. I started crawling on all fours today! I like walking much better, but crawling certainly has its advantages. For example, it is not quite so breezy when you are on all fours; it is not very far from the ground when you fall; your toys are within easy reach, and you do not have to bend over to get things. I like to crawl, but I think that walking is going to be my primary means of movement for the long-term.

After I hurt my knee, mommy must have felt extra sorry for me because she let me do something a bit naughty. She let me take all of the toilet paper off of the roll in the bathroom. I was pretty thrilled at this fortunate turn in my day. I pulled and pulled the toilet paper with such glee and delight you could hardly believe it. After I had finished with that roll, I played peak-a-boo behind the shower curtain. Who knew a bathroom could be so thrilling!

It has been a long day. I will write about more adventures tomorrow.

No comments: