Saturday, July 15, 2006

The Hottest Day of My Life



Today was the hottest day of my life so far. No lie. It was 102 degrees outside. It was so hot that I had to wear and orange sweat band to hold back the dripping sweat. We decided to spend most of the day indoors with the air conditioning. But that's OK by me. Today was the weekend, and I love weekends because Daddy stays home all day. Nothing is more fun than a day full of activities with Mommy and Daddy.

The first thing we did to beat the heat was go shopping. I picked up a couple of cute onesies and a tank top. My Mommy loves tank tops, and so do I. In the photo you can see me shopping for jeans. (Actually, what I'm trying to do in that photo is eat the security tag, but don't tell.) I also got a new pair of shoes.

While my Mommy was trying on dresses, I grabbed my Daddy's hand and started to run around the store. Once I ran under a rack of clothes and my Daddy had to follow after me so that I wouldn't fall over. It was pretty funny to watch Daddy crawl under a rack of clothes in the middle of a department store. After that first time, Daddy wised up, and steered me away from going under the racks.

After shopping, we went to the Heffelbower Grandparent's house for dinner. (We made sure that they would have the A/C turned on before we agreed to come over.) They served Chinese food for dinner, but I hardly ate anything. I was way to excited. There were so many Aunts and Uncles to play with. And did I mention that my Grandparents have a dog and a bird? You know how much I love birds. Now, when I say I didn't eat very much...I mean I didn't eat much dinner. But I did eat my entire dessert; Key Lime Pie.

Tomorrow is supposed to be another hot one, but it's also a weekend, so I'm sure it will be fun. Good night.

No comments: