Sunday, July 09, 2006

A day in the life of me



I am going to describe for you my typical weekend day. I usually get up between 6:00 and 6:30. I like to pull myself up on my crib rails and jump on my mattress. I get bored of that pretty quickly and then I want my mommy or daddy to get me. I start to whine and cry a little. If they still do not come to get me, I whine louder and start to shout. That will usually get them to come. Usually my daddy comes to get me. I am so happy to see him. As he pulls me out of the crib, I turn around and point back into the crib to my little bunny. Bunny sleeps with me every night. Daddy then picks up bunny and bunny and I snuggle in daddy's arms. Daddy brings us to mommy, who is still in bed. I nurse in bed with mommy and then we all play in bed for awhile. It is fun, but I really want to go downstairs and play with all of my toys.

Sometimes, either mommy or daddy will stay in bed for a little while longer while the other comes down to play with me. Today, daddy went downstairs with me first. I played while he made my breakfast. For breakfast today I had lasagna left over from last night and some yogurt. It was yummy and I ate it all. Then mommy got up and we all went on a walk. It is only about 7:30 or 8:00 in the morning when we go on our walk, so not too many people are outside. First, we go to Java Jacks to get some coffee. Mommy and daddy get me an extra cup of "coffee", too. My favorite part of the walk is hearing and watching all of the birds. I am trying so hard to say the word "bird" but it comes out as "bur." I usually get bored at the end of the walk. I demand to get out of the stroller. The only thing that will make me happy is if I am allowed to push the stroller. You would not believe it by seeing me, but I can push the stroller several blocks. Daddy took a picture of me doing it with mommy helping to steer.

After we go on a walk, I am usually ready for my nap. I take a morning nap at about 9:00 am. I generally sleep for three hours. I like my morning nap and bunny (aka bun) and I sleep for about three hours. After I wake up, I have lunch and then we go out and do a fun activity. Today we met the Heffelbower clan at Lake Harriet for a picnic. I had a great time sampling all of the food and walking in the grass. After that we went home. We played and read books and did a bunch of things that only an 11 month-old would find fascinating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sophia!

This is Paloma! Your mommy and my mommy are friends from waaaayyyy long ago. I was born just 9 days after you, although I was supposed to come out right before your birthday!

Your weekends sound like a lot of fun. To make it extra fun and squeeze every hour you can out of it, you should wake up between 4:30 and 5:00 am like I do. I am particularly fond of 4:40. It's good to get an early jump on the day.

Are you coming to Green Bay anytime soon? If you do, maybe you can teach me how to walk. I don't walk, but I crawl and climb. I climb up on chairs, on toilets, on strollers, and once I nearly made it on the table. I try to climb on anything that will elicit a panicked scream from my mommy.

Have a fun day!
Love,
Paloma