Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I am a busy blogger


Here is a picture of me busily typing on my keyboard. I want to keep my blog updated for all of my fans. It is a tough job, but some baby has to do it.

Today I got up at 4:30 in the morning because of a particularly vocal cardinal. If you do not know this about me already, I love birds. When I heard this cardinal singing, I stood up in crib and started to say "Bur, bur, bur." Then I started to cry because I wanted my mommy to come and get me so that I could see the cardinal out of the window. It worked! Mommy came into my room and instantly knew what I wanted. I pointed to the window and said "Bur." Mommy rocked me in the rocking chair and we tried to find the bird outside, but it was still dark. I babbled a lot about the "bur" and rested my head on my mommy's head. Soon, I got tired again and went to sleep in my crib. I wonder why that cardinal was up so early singing just for me?

I am learning how to eat with utensils. It is harder than it looks. I think that I may be doing something wrong. Here is what I do: first, I hold onto a spoon or fork. Then, I pick up a piece of my food (like a raspberry or piece of chicken) with my other hand. I then place the food on the spoon or fork and wait a few seconds. After that, I again pick the food off of the spoon or fork with my fingers and put it in my mouth. I know that I am doing something wrong, but I cannot figure out what it is.

One of my favorite things to do is to wave to people. I also wave to inanimate objects. I like to lean over the side of my stroller and wave at my shadow. She always waves back! I also like to wave at things that I drop. For example, if I throw a piece of bread off of the side of my high chair, I look over and wave to the bread. It is my little way of saying, "Bye-bye bread. It was nice knowing you. You were awfully tasty."

That is all for now. It has been a long day and my little baby fingers are sore from all of this typing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have so much in common! I too love to throw food off my chair. We have a doggie named Ernie. He only has 3 legs. I love to throw my food over to him and watch him eat it all up. He especially loves nummy spaghetti. He permanently resides next to my high chair.

I am so envious of your beautiful brown hair. I take after my Uncle Kevin, who only has a dusting of hair. I am growing a little tuft of hair in the middle of my head much like a mohawk. When I am being rocked to sleep I love to pull on it so hard that my mommy worries I'll pull it out. Please tell me your hair-growing secrets!

Anonymous said...

Sophia, you're the hardest-working blogger on the web! As far as utensils are concerned, it sounds like you are using them correctly (at least that's how I do it!) :)