Thursday, July 06, 2006

I do not like sleep



Grandma Ann and Auntie Lindsay came to my house today. We played a lot of fun games and they took me for a long walk. Grandma Ann comes over to my house once a week to play with me for a few hours while my Mommy runs errands. I usually do not get upset when my mommy leaves, but I cry almost every morning when my daddy leaves for work. It is so sad that I will be able to see him for 9 long hours!

I am generally opposed to sleeping. I would much rather play all day--no matter how sleepy or fussy I get. There is just simply too much to do! Tonight I did not want to go to sleep at all. My mommy and daddy saw me yawn 15 times in 15 minutes and decided that it was time for bed (7:00). Little did they know that I had other plans. I squirmed and fussed and wanted to look out the window as my mommy attempted to nurse me asleep. She put me in the crib still awake. I whined and cried for 20 minutes. Sometimes I do that just to see if she will come back to get me. Tonight, she did. I was SO happy. She rocked me the rocking chair. I get extra cute and charming when I am trying to get my way. I laid in her lap and laughed and laughed as my mommy tickled me. It was great. But, alas, she finally put me back in my crib. This time, I did not cry.

I have one more funny story to tell. I was eating my dinner tonight in my high chair when I spied a wasp on the ceiling. I was fascinated by it. My daddy noticed it, too. He told mommy to stand outside with the door open and he would attempt to shove it outside with a pillow. My daddy gave the wasp one good hit with the pillow and the wasp was thrown right down mommy's shirt! She screamed and screamed, but could not get the wasp out. Finally, daddy said, "Take your shirt off!" Mommy took her shirt off and the wasp flew away, but only after it sting her two times under her armpit. Mommy was crying (and laughing a little, too). I was a bit shocked by the whole crazy scene and gave mommy a little wave from the high chair to let her know that it would be okay.

How do you like the pictures that daddy took today? In the first, I am eating a graham cracker, which, I believe, is the greatest food ever invented. In the second picture, I am not in jail, but standing at the top of the stairs behind the "baby gate." I love to stand there and jump and shout. I do that with mommy and daddy almost every night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sophia~
You are so cute!!!! I can't wait to see you at the Transoma picnic! Nicholas will be there to play too!

Anonymous said...

Sophia, you're pretty much the cutest baby ever. Chris you're lucky she doesn't resemble Adam at all, ugly babies are no fun. Haha, just kidding.