Saturday, August 26, 2006

The State Fair












I went to the Minnesota State Fair on Thursday. What an adventure! It was raining, so I was not sure if mommy and daddy were still going to want to go. But, lucky for me, they did. First, we took a bus ride down to the fair. I have only been on a bus a few times, and I love it. I love it mostly because I do not have to be confined to that horrible car seat. We met up with most of the Heffelbowers at the milk stand at the fair.

The first thing we did at the fair was to go into the Miracle of Birth barn. In that barn there are pregnant animals about to give birth, or newly birthed baby animals. The little baby ducklings were so yellow and cute. I have posted a picture of daddy, mommy and me at this barn with a mama cow and a baby cow in the background. By the way, when I saw the cow, I said "moo."

Next, we went to get some food. There is certainly no shortage of food at the fair. Daddy shared his Gyro sandwich with me. It was tasty. Daddy also got a deep-fried candy bar, but he would not share that one me. Instead, I got to eat an apple, which was surprisingly tasty and fun to munch on.

We walked and walked around the fair, looking at the people and sampling all of the delicious fair treats. One of my favorite things was when I did a kid's obstacle trail. One of the things I had to do was ride on a little tractor. I posted a picture of myself on it. It was a fun ride. I also had to pick a fake apple from a tree, feed a fake cow, and plant fake vegetables. At the end of it, I was given fake money to buy a little treat. I really lucked out because I was able to buy a little sheep stuffed animal! It is so cute with big buggy eyes and a squishy belly. Daddy was thrilled. Apparently, at last year's fair when I was only two weeks old and not allowed to go, daddy saw one of those sheep and tried to get me one, with no such luck. We were both thrilled when this year I was able to claim my sheepy prize.

At the end of the day, we went to the milk stand. You can get as much milk as you want for $1.00. Since milk is one of my staples, if worked out well for me. You can see my milk mustache if you look really closely in the picture with part of the Heffelbower gang.

The State Fair was great. I am so lucky to live in Minnesota. Maybe I will be a farmer...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sophia, you are so cute driving that tractor!