Monday, August 14, 2006

Doctor's Appointment


Okay....so I still do not feel well rested, but I cannot disappoint my blog fans. First, let me finish telling you about my Wisconsin trip. After we left Door County, daddy went home to Minneapolis and mommy and I went to Grandma and Grandpa's house in Green Bay. They have a great big living room and I ran around and around it. I also played a fun game where I took dominos in and out of a box. We went to the Wild Life Sanctuary and geese ate corn right out of my hands! It was a little scary, but exciting too. The geese and ducks surrounded us as we fed them. I do not think that I have ever been that close to birds. Speaking of birds, in Door County mommy and daddy bought a little stuffed blue jay for me. It even makes a real blue jay sound. I absolutely love it! It almost rivals Bun (Sorry, Bun). We did so many fun things in Green Bay. I cannot wait to go back.

Today, however, was not so much fun. I had my one-year doctor's appointment. At first, things were going great. I played with some toys in the waiting room. Then, a nice lady weighed me on a scale. I am now a hefty 21 pounds. That puts me squarely in the 50th percentile. But, I am a tall one! I am 30 inches, which is the 80th percentile. I also have a big noggan--47 cm (95th percentile). Enough with my stats. I am starting to feel like a football player.

After I was weighed, I ran around the room waiting for the doctor. I banged on the door a few times, but it did get a little boring in there. After awhile the doctor came. She was really nice and let me play with her doctor's equipment. She said that I am a picture of health. Phew.. that is a load off of my mind. Dr. Daniels left and then the fun abruptly ended.

Next, a-not-so-nice lady came into the room. First, she pricked my finger for blood. It did not hurt super bad, but it did not feel good either. I certainly would not call it a good time. I did not cry, but I got a big frown on my face and sniffled a bit. I was so happy when that was over, but little did I know that the torture was just beginning. Next, the mean lady took out a needle and (you are not even going to believe this) she jabbed it into my leg! I screamed (of course). And then (you are really not going to believe this) she did it two more times in my arms! I screamed louder each time until I reached a screaming crescendo that even surprised myself. I calmed down pretty quick, though, when mommy gave me a graham cracker. I really do feel fine now, but I am glad those shots are over. You can see one of my pink band-aids on my arm in the picture where I am digging through mommy's purse. By the time that picture was taken, I had pulled off and attempted to eat the other band-aids.

Anyway, I best be getting to bed. I am having trouble sleeping these days with my molars coming in.

'til 'morrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey sophia~
I went through the same thing. I got really bored in that doctor room and my mommy just kept saying, "no nicholas, don't touch, yucky!" I didn't really listen. I got my shots in my legs and boy did they hurt! I cried when the stuff went in. The nurse told mommy it was going to burn :( Shortly after we got home we went outside and played...I had a great time playing with my new car. Mommy took me on a nice long walk too. She thought I was doing well for getting shots earlier in the day. Well...I sure fooled her! I went to bed at 9:15 and woke up at 1:30 a.m sharp. Mommy wasn't sure what was wrong...she figured it was my legs so she gave me some bubble gum flavored motrin. She hoped that I would fall back into my slumber but little did she know my plan was to stay up until 6 am! My legs really did hurt! It worked though....mommy and I cuddled all through the night! I got sleepy and hit the hay just as the sun came up! Preventing my mommy from going to work on Tuesday...she was way too tired!
Anyway - sounds like you had fun on your trip! Mommy and Daddy won't take me anywhere because I really dislike my car seat and I cry evertime they put me in it!

Well...hope you're feeling better soon!

Nicholas