Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Catching Up



I have some catching-up on my week to do! On Saturday, I was fortunate enough to go to the MOA (Mall of America for those of you who do not live in Minnesota). I went with mommy, daddy, Brett, Lindsay and Jeremy. That place is big. We walked around the mall for a long time. I went on the carousel at the amusement park at the mall. It was my first time on a ride. I think I enjoyed it. It was a little scary and strange, but overall a good time.

Mommy took me to the Como zoo this week. I think that my favorite animal this time was the sea lion. I liked how he would swim right under me.

Mommy does not want me to eat the flowers outside any more. I usually try to grab a few for a snack whenever I am outside. Instead of eating the flowers, mommy wants me to smell the flowers. But, I just do not get it. Here is what I do: I take a flower in my hand, bring it to my mouth and let it touch my lips (but not enter) and then I blow air through my nose really hard. I think that I am mimicking mommy, but I know that I am doing something wrong.

On Tuesday, Grandma, Grandpa and Lindsay came over to play with me while mommy ran some errands. It was a lot of fun. They thought it was really funny when I saw a reflection of myself in a metal cooking pot and I waived at myself. They are so easily entertained.

Today, mommy babysat my friend Dax, who is one-month younger than me. Dax did something really funny. We were standing right next to each other trying to play with the same activity table. Dax turned to me and we gazed into each other's eyes for quite some time. Then, Dax reached-out and stroked my check. If that was not enough, he started to gently tap his forehead against mine. My only conclusion is that he is in love with me.

I hope you enjoy the pictures. I am really enjoying my first full summer on this planet, as you can tell. In the top picture, I am making chalk art on the sidewalk with daddy. In the bottom picture, mommy is pushing me around south Minneapolis.

We are going to the State Fair tomorrow. I hope to have great stories and fabulous pictures to share.

No comments: