Thursday, August 10, 2006

Fond du Lac



This is part one of my vacation. For the first two days of I was in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. We celebrated Father Billy's fifty year anniversary of being a capuchin priest. Father Billy is the guy who married my parents. He is also the younger brother of Tony Frigo, my Great Grandfather. I usually hear of him referred to as "Uncle Billy", so that's what I call him (if I could talk).

Father Billy gave a mass to celebrate his anniversary. It was a lovely mass. Afterwards, people said to me: "Sophia, you're such a quiet little girl. I didn't hear a peep out of you." Little did they know that I spent the entire mass outdoors, playing in the grass with Daddy, Grandpa, and Auntie Katie. Trust me, I cannot sit through an entire mass. I make a point of sitting still as little as possible.

The celebration also served as a family reunion for the Frigos. There were over 200 Frigo relatives at the jubilee. I even met a 10 month old girl named Sofia. I learned a lot about my Frigo ancestors who immigrated from Italy. Many of them were cheese makers. (Funny that they should end up in Wisconsin.)

I had a truly wonderful time in Fond du Lac. It's nice to know that I am part of such a warm and friendly family. I can't wait to see them all again.

Tomorrow I will tell you about my adventures in Door County, Wisconsin.

No comments: