Sunday, August 24, 2008

The State Fair Extravaganza

In Minnesota, the state fair is a pretty big deal. For the Heffelbowers, the state fair is a really big deal! Every year, all of the Heffelbowers take the day off from work on the first day of the state fair. We look at animals, eat, talk, people-watch, try out the tractors and have a great time. Mommy and daddy brought two strollers---one for me and one for Juliet. The thought was that Juliet would fall asleep in the stroller in the afternoon for her nap. That did not happen. She was having too much fun. Juliet, however, loved the stroller and lounged in it all afternoon. In fact, for most of the day she lay side-ways in the stroller with one foot on the tray of the stroller. The first several pictures are of baby Juliet lounging in her stroller.

"Ahhh. So relaxed." ---Juliet

"I have not a care in the world." ---Juliet


"What a great day." --Juliet


"Who wants to smell my feet? Anyone?" ---Juliet


"I understand that you put this blanket here so that I would try to nap in the stroller. Do I look tired to you?" ---Juliet


Me, Lindsay and Bunny Bun in the middle riding the 4-wheelers (for pretend).


I loved sliding down the slide.
You have not lived until you have tried a deep-fried candy bar on a stick. I know the thought is shocking, but it is truly a wonderful experience. I ate the entire thing myself. It was gooey, messy, sweet and wonderful.

Lindsay and I stared at those bees in the hive forever.


Daddy and Ross. What else can I say?!?


Running around with Lindsay-Linds


The whole gang resting and sampling food. Jeremy had deep-fried alligator!



The animals were great. I heard a horse neigh and then couldn't stop neighing loudly, too.


Such a cute little ducky.


I am drinking milk. There is a milk booth where you pay $1 for a cup and can get it refilled all day. I love milk, so it was great for me.


Looking cute with daddy.


Me and my piggy ears.


We will be back next year! Can't wait!



No comments: