Monday, August 18, 2008

Juliet's Eating Solids


Eating around here is always a family affair!


"The bowl tastes almost as good as the avocados."--Juliet


"Avocados can sure make a mess." ---Juliet


"Yum."--Juliet

Juliet started eating rice cereal when she was about 5 months old. Since that time, she has had bananas, peaches, avocado, sweet potatoes, yogurt, and few tastes of ice cream. Mommy makes all of Juliet's food. She seems to love it. She gobbles it all down. I really enjoy feeding Juliet, too. The only problem is that I am not fast enough and Juliet will often grab the food off of the spoon before I have had a chance to get it to her mouth.

Here are a few other food related stories. A few days ago, I came to the table for lunch. I sat down and looked at my plate and said, "A giant blueberry. I love giant blueberries." I was so excited. Mommy later told me it was a plum. How disappointing.

I have been eating gum as a special treat. Daddy and White Bear Lake Grandma chew gum. I would pretend to chew gum by chewing up tootsie rolls or jelly beans in an exaggerated manner. I would say, "Mommy. I'm chewing gum." Well, I finally got the chance to chew real gum. I would chew that gum all day if mommy and daddy would let me. But, they finally make me spit it out after it turns into a rubbery little grey thing.

No comments: