Thursday, August 07, 2008

My Friend Daxton

I have known Daxton since I was 3 months old. Daxton is exactly one month younger than me. We meet in an "ECFE" (early childhood family education) class. I was long and thin with a head full of black hair. Daxton was bald and chunky. Our mommies became quick friends. Daxton and I have been good friends since, too. Daxton now has a baby brother (Ryder) who is three months older than my little sister, Juliet. When we all get together we have so much fun. Today, we all went to Lake Harriet late in the afternoon to play at the beach. Daxton and I had so much fun together. He pretended to be a crocodile and chased me through the water and the beach. I love chasing games. Daxton also has an excellent vocabulary and says insightful things; like today, at the beach he said, "The sun is getting low in the sky because it is going to be night soon." At one point, Dax and I were just sitting and floating in the water together looking at the wonderful things that are at the lake, while our mommies talked on the beach and played with the babies. Mommy later asked me what we were talking about in the water and I said, "We were just chit-chatting." I am glad that Dax is my friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy I'm your friend too! My mommy has tears in her eyes over how big we are and how neat it was to watch us hanging out chatting about the world. I'm pretty sure we'll be able to drive cars soon!