Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!


We had an Easter egg hunt in the living room when I woke up. I found a peep in one of my eggs. Yummy!



I LOVED the Easter egg hunt. I had mommy and daddy hide some eggs again because I had so much fun finding them.


Here we are playing with the fun things I got in my Easter basket. I got stickers, books, a work book, and a kite!

Since I have been born, we have gone to church for Easter. This year, however, we did not go. Mommy said that it is too hard go to a crowded, long mass with an infant during a snow storm. We typically do not go to church on Sunday. However, mommy and daddy have started doing prayers with me, which I call "Bless" (i.e., "It's time to do the bless."). At night time, we bless all of the people and things that I love ("God bless mommy, daddy & Juliet; God bless bunny bun; God bless my new stickers..."). At dinner time we do another bless. It goes like this:

Thank you for the food we eat.
Thank you for the friends we meet.
Thank you for the birds that sing.
Thank you, God, for everything.
Amen.

I say "Amen" very loudly and passionately. If we accidentally start dinner without saying the "bless" I remind everyone to say it. Often, I ask to say it a few times. I am enjoying this new tradition.

Mommy, however, has a request for all of you blog readers out there. Does anyone know of a good kid's night-time prayer that does not involve the phrase "If I should die before I wake...?" Let me know and I will pass it along to mommy!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the lord my soul to keep. Angels watch me through the night, until I wake in the morning light.

Amen

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jen. I love the updated version.

Chris