Saturday, March 22, 2008

A day in the life of Juliet





It is strange living with a little baby. When people ask me how I like having a baby sister I tell them that "she cries a lot."
Juliet is usually awake by the time that I get up, which is around 8:00. If she is not awake, Juliet is often snuggled in mommy and daddy's bed. Apparently, Juliet does not particularly enjoy sleeping alone in her crib, so mommy brings her into bed during the night. We then go downstairs and have breakfast. Mommy manages to make breakfast while holding Juliet and I sit at the table waiting (not always patiently) for my food. Mommy often nurses Juliet and eats at the same time! Juliet is then usually tired and mommy either puts Juliet in the swing or wears Juliet in her sling. Often times, we go out for a morning activity (a walk outside to Java Jacks, play date with friends, children's museum, gymnastics, etc.). Juliet usually sleeps contentedly in the sling during this activity, however she hates her car seat and often cries along the way in the car.
In the afternoon, I take my "non-nap" and Juliet often sleeps again. However, Juliet has a super fussy period starting around dinner time and lasting until her bedtime, which is pretty late (11:00 pm). I get a little annoyed that Juliet is so fussy and that mommy and daddy cannot always play the super fun games that I want them to play.
Generally, having a baby sister has been fun. I am really helpful to mommy. I get diapers and wipes when we change Juliet's diaper; I can get my own slippy cup and yogurt out of the refrigerator; and I can play nicely next to mommy with my sticker book while mommy nurses. And, when Juliet cries, I am learning to cope---I usually just put my fingers in my ears!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sophia your mom must be very tired as I'm so tired after reading this post. Sophia you are a wonderful big sis!

Love the new look!