Sunday, December 02, 2007

Snowy Day





This weekend we had our first snow storm of the season. It was pretty exciting. Today, we went outside and shoveled. I enjoyed shoveling the snow. (And, yes, that is a fireplace shovel that I am using). The last picture is a funny one of Mommy---doesn't she look like a Christmas elf!!!
On another note, I have not really been napping lately. I know that my sleep issues have been a frequent topic of the blog. Mommy will put me in the crib, and I have to stay there for an hour and "rest," even if I do not actually nap. I really do not rest. In fact, I have a grand ol' time in the crib. I will often sing, say my ABC's, count, read or play with my stuffed animals. This week, I also learned how to "paint" the wall next to my crib. Here is what I do, I take my metal barrette out of my hair and scratch little drawings into the paint. I often tell Mommy that I painted a little bunny or a little bird. I am pretty excited about it. Sometimes, if I get bored in the crib, I start to say, "Mommy, when you coming back?" over and over until she does. I am so happy when I get to be done with my "nap" for the day.
The problem with not napping is that I am usually pretty tired by about 5:00, but I obviously do not want to go to bed that early. A few days ago, I was really yawning at about 5:00 and Mommy asked if I was tired. I said, "Yes. I want to sleep." Mommy said, "Okay. Let's have a quick dinner and bath, and we can go to sleep." I thought about this for a minute and said, "No, I do not want to sleep." Mommy asked, "Well...when do you want to sleep?" I said, "In five years." I have to do a much better job of hiding it when I am sleepy or I am going to get a really early bedtime!
Those are my latest bedtime battle stories. More later.

No comments: