Saturday, December 29, 2007

Merry Christmas 2007!

What a great Christmas! It was a fun party all week long. First, we went to White Bear Lake Grandma and Grandpa's house on Christmas Eve. We started off our evening going to church. I do not go to church very often, but I think that I like it. The music is pretty, it is fun being with my family, and I enjoy the plethora of snacks that mommy and daddy bring for me. I ate cheerios, 1/2 of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a candy cane. Mommy said that she thought it would take me the entire hour of church to eat all of that food. Instead, it took about 13 minutes. She did not count on the fact that I would chew my candy cane rather than suck on it like a sucker. I also did not like whispering in church. Here is one of the conversations that mommy and I had at church:

Sophia (loudly): BRETT. BRETT. BRETT. HERE IS A CHEERIO FOR YOU. BRETT. BRETT.

Mommy (quietly): Sophia, you have to whisper.

Sophia (loudly): MOMMY. DON'T WHISPER. SCOTT. SCOTT. SCOTT. YOU WANT A CHEERIO?

Mommy (quietly): Sophia, "shhhhshhhh."

Sophia (loudly): MOMMY, STOP SAYING "SHHHSHHH." GRANDMA, HERE IS A CHEERIO FOR YOU.

Mommy (quietly): Sophia, you really have to whisper.

Sophia (loudly): MOMMY, I DO NOT WANT TO WHISPER. DADDY, WHAT YOU DOING?

Needless to say, daddy brought me out into the lobby a short while later where I nearly fell into the life-sized baby Jesus laying in the manger. I was having fun, but still happy to get to Grandma's and Grandpa's for some yummy food. On Christmas day, we went back to Grandma and Grandpa's house for brunch and to open up presents. I loved opening presents, but it took forever. I would open a present and immediately want to play with it right away, forgetting all of the other presents. Mommy and daddy still have presents at home for me waiting to be opened!

On Christmas day, my Green Bay grandparents came to visit, too. More food, more presents and more fun! We played with all of my toys, went on a walk in the snow, had lunch at Bachmans and just had a great time. Every morning, I would go downstairs and shout "wake-up, Grandma and Grandpa!" Then we would start our fun day! I was sad to see them go back to their home. What a great Christmas.

No comments: