Sunday, January 09, 2011

Pinkalicious

At bedtime, we always read bedtime stories. One of the favorite stories is a book called "Pinkalicious." In that book, a little girl loves pink so much, and she eats so many pink cupcakes, she turns pink. Sophia and Juliet know the story almost by heart. Thus, I often pause at places in the book and one of them provides the next word in the story.

In the story, after the little girl turned pink, her mother took her straight to the doctor. The doctor looked at the girl and said, "You have a very rare and acute case of ......" At this point, I paused in book, expecting Juliet to fill-in the correct word, which is "pinkatitis." Instead, she says, "diarrhea." So the line went, "You have a very rare and acute case of....diarrhea." I could not stop laughing. Sophia then chimes in and says, "Just call me 'stinkerella.'" In the book, the correct line is "Just call me pinkerella." I was laughing so hard that I was crying and the girls actually became a little concerned.

2 comments:

Melissa C. said...

that's so funny!!! it's also pretty advanced wordplay, in my opinion:)

Scott Wilensky said...

that would make me laugh too! they are too funny...:)