Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Silly, silly, girls








These girls can be silly, and I mean really silly. There are two stories that happened this summer that made me laugh so hard, that I have to share them now.


1. One night, as I was finishing reading books to the girls in my bed, Adam came into the room. Juliet jumped in his arms and Adam started leading her out of the bedroom. As she was leaving, she turned to Sophia and me and said, "See ya next time, ya booty-stinks!" I have no idea where that came from, but it made me laugh so hard.


2. The second funny thing happened while we were in Door County. One night the girls were just wild and would not settle down. I was getting frustrated and gave them time-outs in two separate, but adjoining chairs. During their time-out, they were whispering secretly to each other. When I told that they could get out of time-out, they both jumped up out of their respective chairs, began to dance, and chanted, "Cha-cha, cha-cha, cha-cha, we do not like ma-ma," at which point they fell on the floor in fits of hysterical laughter. Needless to say, I heard that chant oft repeated for the rest of the weekend in Door County.



No comments: