Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Julietisms

Adam: "Juliet, can you please put your books away?"

Juliet: "Nokay."

Adam: "Thank you."

Juliet: "No! I said 'nokay.' "

Adam: "What does 'nokay' mean?"

Juliet: "It means 'no, I don't want to do that.' "

*****

Juliet: "Mommy, I got hurt when I fell off the swing."

Chris: "Did you cry?"

Juliet: "I did a 'dry cry.' "

Chris: "What is a 'dry cry?' "

Juliet: "It is when you cry with no tears. You do that when you get hurt only a little bit."

*****

At a family outing to Bachmans:

Juliet: "Mommy, those flowers smell like chocolate! Those flowers smell like grapes! Those flowers smell like butt!"

*****

Juliet has several names for me including the traditional "Mama" and "Mommy." But, she also like to call me "Mama-sha-cong-a." I cannot really remember how it started.


****

Juliet: "Pee-pee...pee-pee...pee-pee."

Chris: "Juliet, no potty talk."

Juliet. "It's not potty talk! I am saying the letter P."

No comments: