Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I am (almost) 3!

My birthday is August 6th, but we had my kid birthday party today. It was sooo, soooo, sooo much fun. Here are a few pictures of the wonderful event.



Daddy told me to close my eyes as I walked down stairs in the morning. Here is what I saw when I opened them: balloons, balloons, and more balloons! I played with those balloons all morning. We later gave the balloons away as party favors.


The birthday party took place outside because we have a small house. Mommy and daddy moved the party from the backyard to the front yard in order to take advantage of some shade. It was a hot one today! Here is the front yard pre-party.



Another shot of the front yard pre-party. I wonder what the neighbors thought?


Now it is party time! Daddy did face painting and temporary tattoos for the kids.


We invited neighbor kids to the party and my good friends Jackson, Daxton and baby Ryder


We loved playing at the sand table. I strategically placed the red chairs at the table for the comfort of myself and my guests.



The rainbow cake! Yesterday, mommy and I made the cake in the afternoon. FYI: birthday cake is made up of A LOT of butter, sugar and flour. That is why it is delicious. Later, mommy made frosting and frosted the cake and daddy put the M&M's on it. I thought the cake was beautiful.


After lunch, all the kids sang happy birthday to me. I sang the loudest.


We opened-up my presents inside. This the fabulous new dress from Jada and Jackson that I insisted on wearing right then and there. I love it. I made sure to enthusiastically thank everyone for the wonderful gifts they gave to me. I wanted to play with every gift right after I opened them! What a great day.


No comments: