Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Calvin and Sophia

Adam has been reading "Calvin and Hobbes" at night with Sophia. As everyone knows, Calvin does some crazy things. Last night, they read about how Calvin locked the babysitter out of the house.

Flash forward to this afternoon. My neighbor (Mya) and her kids were over, and we were all playing nicely in the background. Suddenly, the three oldest (Jude, Chloe and Sophia) ran to the front yard. We hear a door slam. Then, dead silence. Mya and I waited a minute or two. Then I went to the front yard to find them. They were not there. I tried the front door. Locked. I went to the back door. Locked.

Luckily, Mya and I are both good-natured, but we were mad. We rang the doorbell, yelled through the window, promised treats, and then made threats, but no one would open the door. Finally, Mya must have threatened the right thing and Jude (7) came down stairs and unlocked the door.

The kids thought it was hilarious. They were hiding in the closet upstairs. Mya and I made the kids sit on the patio furniture. The kids had TWO moms reprimanding them. Sophia told me, "Mommy, nothing bad happened. There wasn't a fire in the house or anything." Oy Vey!

No comments: