Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Magical Christmas Eve


Playing with our new musical table from Auntie Katie.



Wearing my new fancy dress & slippers from grandma and
grandpa and playing with my new keyboard.
Juliet decided to try-out using utensils.



It's present time!



Look at all of the beautiful ornaments!




The Heffelbowers before church.




Posing for the annual Christmas photo in front of the Mulloy fireplace.




Snuggling with my Auntie Katie.



Making "butt angels." The snow was too deep for real snow angels.


All of the girls chilling-out. We are snapping bubble wrap, which I termed the "snap out of it" game.




The busy blogging Heffelbower girls.



Juliet was not too sure about the cold weather.




Sledding with grandpa.
It was a magical Christmas in Green Bay. We ended-up traveling to Green Bay on Monday night in order to beat a big snow storm. Juliet and I slept for most of the car ride, but woke-up for the last half hour. I was pretty goofy and sang crazy songs to pass the time. My favorite went something like this, "Rock stars, rock stars, rock stars. I like rock stars and so do you. I like rock stars and so do you...." We arrived at Grandma and Grandpa's house a little before midnight. As we pulled up to their house, we were greeted with a magical sight. Their house was lit with beautiful twinkling lights and their yard was covered in mounds of snow. I said, "Oh, this is so beee-u-tee-ful!" Inside, we were wowed with another display of Christmas lights and decorations. Juliet was so enchanted that she permanently out-stretched her hand and pointed at everything within her sight, saying, "This, this, this, this, this..." After a snack, we went to bed. We spent our days before Christmas having fun with grandma and grandpa, sledding, eating delicious food and running around their house. Grandma taught Juliet how to wave "bye-bye." On Christmas Eve, we ate a wonderful turkey dinner, went to church and opened presents. The first present that I opened was a pair of socks (boring!). The next day, mommy asked me what my favorite presents were. I said that I loved the keyboard and the slippers that light-up when I walk. Mommy asked if the socks were my "favorite present" and I graciously said that they were my "first present." It was a lovely Christmas!

No comments: